Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Digipack Hayley sam smith



This is Sam Smith's, in the lonely hour album cover, I chose this as my second recreation because i feel in doing this i could demonstrate my abilities to improvise. Because this specific album cover is relatively easy to remake i just have to adjust the lighting and contrast before adding the text.


Step 1: Firstly, I had to resize my picture so it had identical width and height to the original cover. To do this is copied and paste my picture onto powerpoint and used the cropping tool.





Step 2: Before adding the text I had to change the brightness of my photo. Because I didn't have access to the appropriate lighting and mine is much more intense than the original, to rectify this I imported my version into iPhoto and used the adjusting feature to change the warmth, tint, exposure, temperature and saturation.



.


Step 3: After editing my photo to be the closest copy of the original album cover, I put the image into Photoshop and tested multiple texts to find the most similar to the real title.

The text that was conveniently the closest to its original was 'Calibri (Body)'. Here are a few examples of various other texts I compared.

Step 4: By adding another layer on top of my final edited photo I then pasted the chosen text and positioned it on the top layer to get my final piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment