Friday, 27 June 2014

Digi-Pack Potential Album Covers- Jennifer Robinson

These are some of the album covers that I looked at to then pick the best one in my opinion, to then recreate my own version for using myself and Photoshop.

Calvin Harris- Ready For The Weekend.



This is the album cover I decided to use to recreate my own version. I really liked this album cover and thought it was a bit different. I felt like this cover would allow me to use my editing skills in photoshop to the highest potential which I wanted and I could look similar to the girl so it allowed me to get the album covers looking similar. I also like the way the text was presented on the cover and wanted to use the diamonds on the sun glasses to then transfer on to my own ones.




Ellie Goulding- Halcyon Days


This is one of my potential album covers that I was interested in using. I think it would show my skills on photoshop well and the album cover itself is very eye catching. I chose not to use this particular album, although I like it I feel like it is quite simple and does not challenge my skills enough in Photoshop so I wanted to use a more complicated cover. I also didn't feel like I go get myself to look similar to Ellie Goulding and would let the album cover down as it would not look as good.




Amy Winehouse- Back to Black


I also was interested in using this particular album cover for Amy Winehouse. I think it is a nice album cover and stands out, although quite simple. I liked the text on this cover as it was something a bit different. Once again I felt that I would not look anything like Amy Winehouse and that would have a negative effect on my final piece as i wanted the album covers to look very similar. I also think there is not much to edit and would not be as challenging as something else could be.




Adele- 19


The next album cover I looked as was Adele's. I liked the use of lighting used on this cover and also the use of the two fonts. Its quite simple and plain but looks really sophisticated and proffesional. I liked this album cover but once again felt like I could go for something a bit more challenging in Photoshop so I decided not to use this one.







Santogold- Starstruck


The final album cover I looked at was Santogold's. I liked the use of glitter used and this cover would show of my editing skills in Photoshop. It was very different which I also liked and I liked the contrast of the gold and white. The reason which i decided not to use this album cover, although it is very good is that I would look completely different to the woman on the album as we are complete opposites making it harder to edit in Photoshop for me and I felt like I would of struggled with it and in the end the final outcome would not really look similar, so I decided not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment